KONKAN EXPEDITION: MOTORCYCLE AND SELF-DRIVEN
Gear up for the ultimate Kokan expedition! This ride covers offbeat destination - Bankot Fort and if we are lucky; we may experience Olive Ridley Turtle Hatching. Tickle your taste buds with the delicious Konkani cuisines and the warmth of hospitality of its people. We call it an ultimate way of exploring Kokan.
Date: Sat. 30 - Sun. 31 March, 2019
Starting Time: 06:00 AM
Duration: 1 Night / 2 Days
STARTING POINT: We will Meet at Chandni Chauk, at 06:00 AM
ENDING POINT: Katraj by 6:30 PM (Tentative Arrival Time)
- WHAT TO CARRY?
- - Motorcycle. (125cc and above)
- - Full Face Helmet.
- - Waterproof Jacket.
- - Elbow & Knee Protectors.
- - Biking Gloves.
- - Backpack. (Small – Medium)
- - Water Bottle. (500 – 1000 ml.)
- - Rear-view Mirrors.
- - Original Toolkit provided by the manufacturer.
- - Spare Accessories. (Clutch Cable, Accelerator Cable and Tyre Tube)
- - Valid Driving Licence.
- - Valid Insurance Photocopy.
- - Valid PUC Certificate.
- - Vehicle Registration Book/Card. (RC)
- - Octopus to secure your gear.
- - Passion for biking.
- - Patience & courage.
- - Extra Pair of Clothes.
We recommend a thorough service and repair of your motorcycle before an expedition.
Pune - Tamhini - Harihareshwar
ROUTE: Pune - Mulashi - Tamhini - Mangaon - Morba - Mhasala - Kurwade - Harihareshwar
APPROX. DISTANCE: 180 kms.
STARTING POINT: Chandani Chawk, Pune at 6:00 AM.
We will start our ride from Chandani Chawk. We will halt for breakfast at Mulshi. After breakfast proceeds to Harihareshwar. After lunch at Harishareshwar enjoy Harihareshwar beach. In evening, we will visit Turtle Nest at Harihareshwar beach. If we are lucky we will experience Olive Ridley Turtle Hatching. Overnight Stay at Harihareshwar. (Includes Breakfast, Lunch, Hi-tea, Dinner)
Harihareshwar - Bankot - Velas - Bhor - Pune
ROUTE: Harihareshwar - Bankot - Velas - Mandangad - Mahad - Bhor - Pune
APPROX. DISTANCE: 220 kms.
ENDING POINT: Katraj at 7:00 PM (Tentative)
At early morning we visit at Harihareshwar beach again to sight more Olive Ridley Turtles.
Ride back to hotel for breakfast . After breakfast we will travel to Bankot by Jetty. Then visit bankot Fort. Bankot fort is a very scenic destination of Ratnagiri district. This fort is also known as Himmatgadh was named by the Koli admiral Kanhoji Angre in the 1700. After excursion of Bankot Fort start our ride. We will halt for lunch en-route Mahad and Proceeds towards Pune. Our ride will end at Katraj. (Includes Breakfast, Lunch, Hi-tea)
Note: The ride dates have been planned after precise calculation of probable hatching dates and as per the information provided by volunteers and researchers at Harihareshwar however turtle sighting is a natural phenomenon and is matter of luck.
- Day 1: Breakfast, Lunch, Hi-Tea and Dinner.
- Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch & Hi-tea.
- Expert Fee
- Jetty charges of bike & participant
- Accommodation: in a authentic Kokani home stay
- Fuel Expense
- Any expenses of personal nature
- Anything not specifically mentioned under package includes
- TYREMARK will not be responsible for any type of injuries caused during an expedition. Including an accidental death.
- It would be the participants own responsibility to adhere to the Indian Road Traffic Rules & Guidelines.
- Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited during an expedition.
- TYREMARK has full rights to change or alter the expedition subject to the conditions.
- TYREMARK has the right to cancel the tour if the total number of bookings are below our prescribed minimum operating capacity. In such case 100% your advance payment would be refunded within 10 working days.
- 30 Mar 2019